8-11 Youth Division Info
150 meter swim
3/4 mile bike
3/4 mile run
Packet Pick Up
Date/Time: Friday, April 24, 2015 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location: Sharp Bicycle, 969 Moraga Road, Lafayette
Date/Time: Saturday, April 25, 2015 6:00 AM – 8:15 AM Location: Campolindo High School Quad/Transition Area, 300 Moraga Rd.
Check in & Body Marking
Date/Time: Saturday, April 25, 2015 7:45 am – 8:30 am
Location: Campolindo H.S. Quad/Transition Area, 300 Moraga Road, Moraga
Parking Lot behind the Campolindo Performing Arts Center. Opens at 6:00 am—rack your bike in designated youth transition area. 8-11 Youth participants will share the transition area with adults, relay teams, and students, rack bikes with caution at designated youth racks. [Parents will NOT be allowed to assist in the 8-11 transition area, but can supervise and cheer from the designated spectator area.]
Youth divisions must be checked in by 8:30 AM and inside the Soda Aquatic Center – READY TO START. The weather may be cool, so we suggest you wear warm clothing prior to the swim.
Please note the following times and details:
8:45 AM: Youth division will be lined up according to race number. You must start the swim in the designated order. Anyone not in order will be disqualified.
8:55 AM: Final race instructions given to all participants
9:00 AM: Swim Start—Athletes will start at the west end of the pool, in lane 6 and swim three lengths of 50 meters—athletes will swim down lane 6, and then cross under the lane marker and swim back in lane 7, cross under the lane marker again and finish in lane 8, totaling 150 meters.
- Upon completion, participants will exit the Southeast corner of the pool
- Participants will jog to the transition area
- Inside the transition area, athletes will grab gear and bike and head for the exit. NOTE: YOU MAY NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE INSIDE THE TRANSITION AREA AND HELMETS MUST BE STRAPPED ON BEFORE EXITING.
- The bike course takes you southbound on Moraga Road, right on Hansen Court, left on Francesca, left on Delores Court, left back onto Moraga Road, right back into transition area. Remember, you must dismount before entering the transition area. [Practice the route with parents as you will be going through the Carroll Ranch Neighborhood.]
- Return your bike to the transition area before heading out for the run. Ages 8-11 will follow the same start of the run course as the adult division but cut it short (north on Moraga Road, left on Campolindo Drive, left into run shoot (by Varsity baseball field) and up to the track for 3/4 of a lap before reaching the finish line.
- Each youth participant will receive a medal as they cross the finish line. Since this is a recreational triathlon, no awards for placement will be given.
Pre-registration is now closed. Day-of registration for all divisions will be 6:00 to 7:00 am on raceday, Saturday, April 25, 2015.